Mechanical Animals is music-wise a lot lighter than the previous album, but the lyrics are probably even darker and depressing. On a quest for purity, Manson goes the opposite direction, using alter ego superstar Omega and his band The Mechanical Animals (as a reference to Bowie's Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Hell) to go down a road of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll.
"To me it's a pretty depressing record, and at times it leads you to believe it's not depressing, it's being intentionally fake and sarcastic. The elements of glam are very ironic. I think the more people begin to listen to it, they'll see that – the dark. When things are expressed innocuously – that's when they're most depressing" (MM in Dissecting MM (pg.14))
Contains the following objects:
- Marilyn Manson pair of socks.
- Daysheet 5 july - info for the 2 days off in Prague.
- Rose McGowan's shedule for trip from Hamburg Airport to London on 30 june.
- Fan letter handed over at the adressed to Rose McGowan with a note to her attached to it.
- Faxes about the refusal to let the perform in Seoul Korea on july 1999.
- Holywood Blvd. parking ticket 15 june 1999.
- Lipstick kiss by Rose McGowan on hotel note sheet.
- Various notes.
- Hotel info booklets and room pass.
- Rose McGowan British Airways pass (London/Prague 5 juli).
- Rose McGowan Lufthansa pass (Hamburg/London 30 june).
- List of room service orders and minibar consumptions by the band members.
- General shedules for band and crew from 4 july to 9 july.
- General Shedule june juli 1999. - Norway show (Quart Festival) contact info/time shedule (2 sheets).
- Daysheet 7 july, with note to Twiggy to ship his stuff.
- Copy of an autograph of MM signed at the hotel.
- John 5 guitar Pick with '5' logo on front and Antichrist Superstar logo at the back.
- Photo's from Manson's and MCGowan's hotel room.